Continuing on the theme of how and why communicating research is so important, Dr Frank Burnet, Emeritus Professor of Science Communications, has made available two e-books guiding us through the topic. Worth a read…The two handbooks, ‘Why and how to communicate your research‘ and ‘Taking science to people‘ have recently been published on David Bradley’s sciencebase.com and at Frank Burnet’s own site here and here. They are components of masterclasses he delivers around the world to scientists and science communicators. It’s worth taking a read of these publications. Burnet has many, many years of experience in the area and is well respected expert in the area of science communications.
Why and how to communicate your research – Dr Frank Burnet
Taking Science to People – Dr Frank Burnet
Blogs | 24 Media Labs
We're lifting the lid on the world of science communications and trying to understand what can be done to promote science in a wired world with a changing media landscape.
- No public Twitter messages.
- ‘Flu vaccine ‘breakthrough’ research published in… The Guardian?
- Peer Review to get reviewed… by MPs
- Blogging science and career prospects: Science Magazine
- Guides on ‘why and how to communicate your research’ now available
- Science of Blogging: New blog tells us why and how all scientists should be blogging
Alternative Science News Service